Church Santa Maria delle Grazie in Milan

A Renaissance treasure in the heart of the city

Designed by Bramante, Santa Maria delle Grazie is an extraordinary and sophisticated example of Renaissance architecture. The church was completed in 1482 and was later modified to serve as a mausoleum for Ludovico the Moor, lord of Milan, and his family. Its seven square chapels preserve sculptures and frescoes by masters such as Antonello da Messina and Gaudenzio Ferrari, while the annexed convent houses Leonardo da Vinci's Last Supper. Santa Maria delle Grazie became a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1980.